What can be your biggest nightmare, is undoubtedly losing your phone. But instead of going blank, there are things that are imperative for you to do in such a situation, we shall guide you through 8 things to do immediately when you have lost your phone that you can follow in such a situation. When the phone is lost we are surrounded by all kinds of negative thoughts that will only worsen the situation, though one must try to hold on to their nerves and do the needful and try not to waste even a single second after this misshapen has taken place. Because your delay will only worsen the situation.
- If your phone has not fallen down in some reservoirs or something like that then the first thing that you would do and must do is call or text on your number. There are chances that your phone was found by someone with good intention. If there is not any screen lock then definitely that person would call your parents and if your phone is locked then that person will definitely wait for you to give a call or maybe waiting for someone else to give a call on your number. All you have to do is just pray that your phone does not die out because then reaching your phone would become even harder.
- If your phone has some private and sensitive information then you will not want your phone to land in the wrong hands. No matter what, the next thing you must do is to lock your phone from wherever you are. You can do this by remotely logging in to your phone with the help of the Android Device Manager. This will protect your information from going into the wrong hands.
- After doing all the above stuff, do try to access the location of your phone with the help of a GPS. You can also do this thing after you have tried to call or text on your phone. This thing will give you a pretty good idea about what location your phone is in.
- Another thing you can do is to drop a message on the lock screen so that whoever has your phone gets an idea that you are looking for your phone. Just drop some more extended information like an alternate mobile number, address details and any other information that would help that person to reach you. This is one main thing you should do immediately.
- We always fear the unknown and the first thing that pops up in our minds after losing our phone is that it has been taken by someone who does not have a good intention, moreover, if your phone has actually been stolen then you should and must make it a point that you report the missing of your phone. The first thing they will do is block your phone so that if it is at all with someone not good, he will anyway be not able to use the phone, no matter what.
- Next thing you should do is to log out of all your social media accounts so that if the phone is in the wrong hands they do not use your account to post or share something which is not good in terms of content.
- The next thing you should do is to suspend your services, make sure your data is disabled your accounts are locked so that no one uses them in the wrong way and you are left to pay those hefty bills at your disposal.
- Make sure you wipe off all your data from the phone or that which can be reached with the help of the phone. This is very important stuff when it comes to doing 8 things immediately when you have lost your phone.
This misshapen can take place with anyone, but the difference is created by the vigilance that one shows in such a situation, we have presented the above 8 things to do immediately when you have lost your phone so that you can buckle up yourself and do what is right and needed at that time instead of crying you must be aware of doing what is right.